Baugher’s Orchard started out in 1904 as a working farm with an orchard. In 1933, Edward & Romaine Baugher purchased the original 60 acre farm on Baugher Road from Edward’s siblings when his parents died.
They expanded their farming efforts, developed improved methods of operating, and survived the Great Deprssion because of their frugalness and business savvy.
They built & opened Baugher’s Restaurant & Fruit Market in 1948 to sell the fruit grown at the orchard directly to customers in Westminster. They tried many different business ventures to add to the limited income that the orchard brought, such as trucking for hire, raising poultry & hogs to sell, making apple butter, making homemade ice cream to serve at the restaurant. They were very enterprising. Edward passed away in 1984, and Romaine passed away in 2006.
Throughout the years, land was purchased to add to the farming & orchard operation. Allan & Marjorie Baugher, their children, and other family members were instrumental in developing the retail , pick your own, & wholesale part of the business.
The Baugher Family have always appreciated the dedicated employees that worked at the orchard, markets, and restaurant. They all have been an essential part of the business.